Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Baby ( kokopops )



The one and only. Im very proud of this guitar. Its synonymous with me. Kokopops has been to almost every gig i played and every ocean of fire gig for that matter. Ill never leave home without her.
Being a gift from a good friend and mentor of mine - danny lee ( a very good guitar player ) this guitar also has a story to tell.

The first time i ever saw danny play was with this guitar. I didnt really know who he was then. But he did play "for the love of god" by steve vai on this. I am a fan of anything red and this girl caught my eye instantly.

Years later we met again at a gig i was playing, and he was engineering the sound. I invited him to supper after that and we became good friends. Having the chance i asked him about this guitar and wheter he still had it. He showed it to me and asked me if id like to borrow it and play it for a while. Feeling so delighted i said yes and took it home with much excitement.

Much later i got a great gig with my then band - hearts on fire ( now defunct ) to play in kl at planet hollywood alongside some hotshots.

i really wanted to go, but had already promissed Danny i'd help him out with some stuff. I stayed back and had to forgo that gig. That night, rose's string broke ( rose was my primary guitar at that time. ) so i reached out for the next guitar i could grab at home, and this one was it. When i arrived with this guitar, Danny just asked if i liked this guitar, and if i did i could have it as a gift.

the rest is history

this is a very old grover jackson guitar. the serial number shows its from the early nineties possibly 1992 0r 93
the pickups are changed to production floor custom duncans. jb and sh2
and my favourite part about this guitar is that it has 24 frets for a 24 3/4 scale neck. and also a maple fretboard, which isquite rare in jacksons these days.

No comments: